In Message-Id: <eb9183fe90ad27544becbd573051f512 / ruby-forum.com>
Joshua Muheim <forum / josh.ch> writes:

> Hrm I don't really got this... Where do I have to put the references
> (array1, array2) for this?

That's already answered by others so I don't repeat....

> > Note these operators always make a new array for a result, they may
> > not be suitable when both your arrays are too large, though
>
> Thanks for the hint. But they don't create clones of the objects in the
> arrays, they just copy the references, right?

That's right.  By above saying I want to note on memory utilization
issue:

Since very_huge_array (operator) another_very_huge_array possibly
yields yet_another_very_huge_array, (a1|a2)-(a1&a2) can creates two
huge arrays which immediately discarded after the computation.

--
kjana / dm4lab.to                                       January 13, 2006
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining.