On Monday 09 July 2001 04:14, you wrote:
> My take on the matter is that an open sourced language (one where the
> implementation of the language is available as open source software)
> has little need for the standardization process.  The open source

Hear, hear.

Further, I've noticed that I don't really like any of the "standardized"
languages, although whether that is a cause or an effect, I can't say.
Conversely, my favorite languages haven't been standardized.  Java and Ruby
ar examples of my current favorites, and C++ and JavaScript are examples of
standardization gone ugly.

IMHO.

--- SER