Henry House <hajhouse / houseag.com> writes:

> I know about one special method to construct a string literal: %q(string),
> where () may be replaced by any convenient delimiter. I cannot find
> documentation on this anywhere. Are there any others, for example, an
> equivalent of qw/elem1 elem2/ in perl?

    Yes, and a few of the special constructors are described at these
    URLs:

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/man-1.4/syntax.html#string
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/man-1.4/syntax.html#regexp
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/man-1.4/syntax.html#array

The pickaxe book describes them all in one place.  An online version
is available at http://www.rubycentral.com/, but I highly recommend
buying a physical version.  This will (a) pay the authors for a great
book and (b) give you page numbers, which are necessary when the book
says "this is described more on page XYZ."