> Lyle, could you please fix this bug, it's impossible to subclass anything
in
> FXRuby right now:

That's a bit of an overstatement; at a minimum, every example program in the
FXRuby distribution subclasses FXMainWindow, and some do more than that.
What is it that you're actually trying to accomplish? There's a chance that
you don't even need to subclass any of the FOX widgets to do what you want.
If it turns out that it is actually necessary for you to subclass FXFrame
and call its version of onPaint(), I am working on a fix for that bug for an
upcoming release.

BTW, I don't mind you posting these kinds of requests to the general Ruby
newsgroup but would request that you at least Cc me in an e-mail. I *do*
read comp.lang.ruby most every day (as all good Ruby programmers do ;) but a
direct e-mail is probably a more reliable route.