On 1/11/06, Robert Klemme <bob.news / gmx.net> wrote:
> Mark Volkmann wrote:
> > I've search for documentation about whether Ruby thread scheduling
> > uses FIFO or round-robin and can't find anything. It seems to be
> > round-robin. Is that correct?
> >
> > Is there a way to control the time slice used for each thread running
> > at the same priority?
>
> No direct means AFAIK.  You can always use Thread#pass but I recommend to
> not to.  Also, there are no thread priorities AFAIK.

The Thread class has priority and priority= instance methods. I
created two threads and noticed that they were time slicing. Then I
set the priority of one to be higher than the other and it got all the
time until it completed. So thread priorities seem to be supported.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.