> Thank you very much, but I don't need a Rails or AJAX sales pitch, I
> need relevant advice on how I could make a J2EE server setup. We've
> Got Managers *sigh*, and I don't really see my persuasive abilities
> good enough to push Rails as the server-side environment, however I'd
> -personally- prefer that. (Mind you, not as a team member, becase none
> of the other team members have ANY Ruby skills, as opposed to heavy
> Java schooling the company provides).

Ok, you're asking for AJAX for Java/J2EE?

Have you looked at DWR?  It's a servlet (standard Java) that manages a
lot of the AJAX complexity for you.  It's nicely integrated with Spring
and I've used it to do the standard AJAX things (list boxes fills based
on check boxes or other selections etc).

I'd recommend looking at it at the very least, and I'm surprised that
you posted here when the top result on Google for Java AJAX is DWR -
(although I guess you wanted personal opinions)

Kev