Steve Litt wrote:

>On Tuesday 10 January 2006 01:17 pm, David Vallner wrote:
>

>>Stephen Waits wrote:
>>

>>>Hi David,
>>>
>>>Are you sure you're in the right group?  The reason I ask is because
>>>you mention lots of things that aren't ruby.  AJAX, J2EE, etc..
>>>
>>>If it's Ruby on Rails you're looking for, please try the Rails
>>>mailing list.. visit the Rails mailing list page at:

>>>If it's not Rails you're looking for, could you be more specific?
>>>
>>>Sincerely,
>>>Steve
>>>

>>Whence the [OT] tag, this one was a shot in the blind hoping to avoid
>>stumbling blindly over Google results and pouring over documentation and
>>tiresome formal specifications by asking a community that has already
>>proven to be helpful. I did toy with the AJAX support in Rails, and I
>>wondered if by any weird twist of chance anyone can recommend from
>>experience a similarly well-integrated solution for a J2EE backend,
>>which will be the case in the project mentioned. (Alas.)
>>
>>David Vallner
>>

>Have you tried doing an ultra-simple ajax yet? Maybe the simplest possible
>ajax program could work, and then you could increment from there.
>
>I plan on doing a trivial Ajax program sometime this week, and I'll let you
>know what I find out.
>
>SteveT

I went through some tutorials, but I believe I'll need some
production-quality backing for the project. The schedule of it is pretty
thin stretched already, everyone else on the team has even less AJAX
experience than I do, and the requirement to implement a web-deployed
rich client is pretty much a given. That's why I'd like to avoid
succumbing to the "Not Invented Here" syndrome and try to make heavy use
of third-party code for this - the situation doesn't quite provide for
the development team to learn to hand-code AJAX patterns in the time given.

David Vallner