Hi,

Just started working with a new Ubuntu box and something wierd is going
on with XEmacs ruby support. The automatic indentation (hitting tab on
the line I want indented or selecting by region) works right up till I
put in a statement using the =~ operator and a regular expression and
then it fails for every line afterwards (just using a regular
expression doesn't break it nor does something like 'foo =~ bar').
E.g.:

<code>
class Foo #auto-identation works here
  "OK!"
end
class Bar #And here
  /^(\S+)/
end
class Utterly
  foo =~ /bar/ #but not after this line
end

foo.each do |loop_var|
loop #no autoidentation here
end
</code>

My XEmacs version is:

XEmacs 21.4 (patch 17) "Jumbo Shrimp" [Lucid] (i386-debian-linux, Mule)
of Sun Oct  9 2005 on rothera

With ruby-mode-el Revision: 1.74.2.11

It works fine on my OSX laptop which has XEmacs 21.4 (patch 15) and
ruby-mode revision 1.25.2.11. I tried moving the ruby-mode.el file from
the laptop to the Ubuntu box but it makes no difference. I was hoping
to avoid having to downgrade XEmacs itself. Any (X)Emacs gurus out
there can advise?

Thanks

Alex Gutteridge