On Jan 9, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Gregory Brown wrote:
> My concern is with the fear it seems to cause in people
> migrating from the static world.

What is being feared?   I'm still not entirely
sure I understand what specific concerns lead to insecurity
about using a dynamic language like Ruby.  I'll bet if you
did some search of the literature you might find some
useful history on this debate as it relates to Smalltalk
and/or CLOS.

I'm not saying there aren't valid concerns.  What I'm saying
is: can those concerns be elaborated beyond some general
notion of 'fear' or 'security' and wouldn't that help construct
a more appropriate response?

Gary Wright