On 1/9/06, Todd <toddkennethbenson / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Todd wrote:
> > Gregory Brown wrote:
> >
> > [snippet]
> >

> > > I'd like to quote this snippet as the beginning of my article, is that okay?
> >

> BTW, I should mention that using a quote like that may -- to your
> intented audience -- sound a bit pretentious as the start of an
> article.  You need a lead-in for something like that.  Well, you need
> most everything that came beforehand in this thread, or at least a
> summary of it.

I plan to go in reverse of that ;)  I *want* it to sound pretentious,
because your observation is the common one you hear from someone who
hasn't done much ruby or seen it actively working.  I'm not sure if
I'm going to use it at this point, but I thought it was a good example
of the common concerns.