On 09/01/06, jotto <jonathan.otto / gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't find a method to remove HTML from a string in the core API. PHP
> has something called strip_tags. Does Ruby have anything like this?
> http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.strip-tags.php

Not built in. It's not really appropriate for the core language.
That's one of the things that makes PHP easy to use for people who are
trying to do simple things, but makes it hard when you get into
engineering and maintaining real programs. As was suggested by the
other respondent, it's relatively easy to remove:

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca