if you want to wade into the deep end, I would like a method that would
tell me about everything that is in scope when the method is called,
and classify the objects-in-scope as instance variables, class variables, class
names, global constants, local variables, module names--whatever they might be.
Symbol.all_symbols is just a tease.

The next thing i would like to do is to be able to "unwind" the
scope by going "up" one level and perform the same symbol dump as defined above,
except with the new scope. Recurse until at top level. Being able to filter on
any particular class of object would just be icing.

Not even sure if this is possible, but it would sure be educational.