On 1/8/06, Jules <Roseanna80 / hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have been reading through RAILS and builing the Depot Application
> ect. And been very impressed with the RAILS  framework.
>
> But I cannot help feeling that I seem to be writing a lot of HTML
> fragements and <% Ruby inserts for realisable web pages, when I move
> away from the scaffold.  What Web design Editors do people use with
> RAILS development ?
>
> With the MVC concept and heavy use of HTML, I am having doubts that
> this is the way to develop those compelling highly graphical web pages.
>  I can use AJAX and RAILS on the server side, but if I want dynamic
> graphics I still need heavy JavaScript, Flash or Java Applet code on
> the client side.  In which case I don't see where RAILS fits in.  So I
> am comming to the conclusion that RAILS is really for Server side
> development for the 90% of 'typical', and rather dreary, web
> applications development.

You might find people who can make a more compelling argument for
Rails on the rails mailing list.  Not everyone here likes/uses/works
with rails.

That having been said, there are a number of very dynamic and
not-so-dreary web applications built in Rails, such as Typo and
Basecamp and other projects.