On Jan 8, 2006, at 1:14 AM, Gregory Brown wrote:
> Actually, this is not the issue at hand.  This really *does* boil down
> to language design in this case.  With Ruby's openness and
> meta-programming, even well tested programs can be modified and
> redefined dynamically.

Yes but the testing should identify if the modifications and
redefinitions accomplished their goal, i.e. is the code correct?

It isn't like the code is *randomly* modifying code (like certain
languages that allow pointers to any place in memory!).  The
modifications are explicit and purposeful and so I think should
be able to be tested as well as any other code.

Gary Wright