I am a PHP developer and have just begun to investigate Ruby.  I have
looked through the online Pickaxe book and Why's Poignant guide, but I'm
anxious to get started programming with it.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty
short on ideas on what to program that would increase my understanding
and proficiency with Ruby.  What would you experts out there suggest for
a Ruby newcomer who has seen all the tutorials but wants to continue
learning?  Is there something specific that you always code after
learning a language?  Any ideas or resources would be appreciated?

P.S. Replies like "Practice,Practice,Practice" would not answer my
question.  Please be specific.