This is a Rails example, but I think the problem is a general Ruby
matter.

I am using class_eval within a class method, foobar(), to have it create
an instance method, get_foobar(). I am passing a value ("testing testing
123") to foobar() that I want to make part of get_foobar(). However, I
can't seem to include this value in the output of get_foobar().

Where I want the "render" line to output "A start testing testing 123
end O", it only outputs "A start end O". Extremely grateful for any
help. Code:

	class HelpController < ApplicationController

	  def self.foobar(v)

	    class_eval %q{
	      def get_foobar()
	        "start #{v} end"