Try taking the whole (((LOTS)OF)PARENS) definition for your DB from
your TNSNAMES.ORA file, taking out all the line breaks (so it's a
one-liner), and putting that on the host: line.
(Yes, this actually works)

Also, you can take the "database:" line out of the config. The OCI8
adapter doesn't use it.