"Surgeon" <biyokuantum / gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I have just ordered the Pickaxe 2nd ed. from Amazon. But now I am
> thinking that in a near future Ruby 2 will be released and this
> wondeful book is on Ruby 1.8. Well, what will happen then? Will it be
> "d?mod?"?

Should the changes to Ruby 2 be significant enough to make code
incompatible in major ways (which is unclear to me at the moment: is
has been said the in Ruby 2 may break code, but everyone tries to
avoid it, for worse or better), I'm sure someone will write up an
appendix you can glue into your Pickaxe 2nd to make it up to date
until Pickaxe 3rd is released.  ;-)

The "near" future of Ruby 2 is pretty far away in my eyes, still...