On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 06:23:42 -0000, Joel VanderWerf
<vjoel / path.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Ross Bamford wrote:
>> Rote 0.3.2 is now available for download from http://rote.rubyforge.org
>> (Direct link:
>> http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/7975/rote-0.3.2.gem).
>
> Other than the user's guide, are there any gee-whiz examples posted
> somewhere?

Unfortunately not :( I tend to think that the best example is probably the
Rote documentation, but then I am told that's too complex (it's only three
pages but the guide is quite long I guess). It does, however, make use of
many of the features (though still not all). You can browse it in SVN:

	http://rubyforge.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/rote/doc/pages/guide/index.html?root=rote&view=log

or alternatively it's bundled with the Gem and archives if you've
downloaded Rote.

Generally I struggle to make worthwhile examples anyway, and especially
with Rote it's hard to make an easy example since it's a 'project' based
thing, so any example is necessarily going to seem 'too much' I guess.
I've tried to avoid having a separate 'sample project' since that just
means two downloads rather than one to get a look at Rote :(

If anyone has any ideas for good examples, (or even wants to make one ;)),
I'm very interested in getting something together on that front.

Cheers,

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk