On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 12:48:49AM +0900, Shot - Piotr Szotkowski wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Chad Perrin:
>
> > I tend to dislike pointing devices because of the disconnect in
> > disparate parts of the interface (keyboard and mouse), but I use
> > them because they're useful with certain types of programs.  A web
> > browser just isn't as efficient tool without one, for instance.
>
> Have you tried a ThinkPad laptop with a TrackPoint device (the red
> nipple between G, H and B keys)? In the past two-and-a-half years,
> I used an external mouse only once with my R31 (which I use 12+ hours
> a day), and find myself reaching for the nipple every time I sit at
> a desktop. For me, it's simply unbeatable (although it took me about
> a week to get used to it).

Actually, I'm using one right now.  I love Thinkpads.  Once I turn the
trackpad off in the BIOS settings, so that I can just stick to the
trackpoint (and, when at home, an external trackball), I'm pleased as
punch.  I love the button placement for the integrated pointing devices,
too.

> You only can't bring yourself to buying an Apple
> laptop; I couldn't buy a non-ThinkPad one... :o)

Every time I try a different laptop, I find myself wishing I was using a
Thinkpad.  I'd be willing to make an exception for an Apple laptop from
time to time, though, if the physical interface was better (for me).