I am attempting to copy a PHP project I did in Ruby.

I basically have a search form / web page, which looks for matching
records and displays them prior to the search box form.

I reload the page with

<FORM action="<?php print $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>" method="POST" name =
"Nextrec" >

I then use the isset function to test whether any records have been
displayed and skip the display and go straight to the form.  I know
this could have been achieved with javascript, but that was a no no.

I have discovered require cgi and it sems to give me all the info I
need, but how do I replicate the form button action re-loading the page
with all the variables in tact.

Thanks

Richard