itsme213 wrote:
> I'm trying to do a POST using net/http.
>
> r = Net::HTTP.post_form(u,{'volumectrl'=>'-20'})
>
> I get:
>
> NoMethodError: undefined method `post_form' for Net::HTTP:Class
>         from (irb):5

What ruby version are you running? I ran into this same problem last week, and it was because the standard stdlib documentation (on ruby-doc) refers to ruby 1.9, where the post_form method exists. It doesn't exist in ruby 1.8. Annoying huh?

Try something like:

      Net::HTTP.start('www.foo.com', 80) do | http |
        response = http.post('/cgi-bin/foo.cgi', encoded_post)
     end

Note that you'll need to manually turn your hash into a URI-encoded string. Look at URI.encode() in the stdlib.

alex