On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Duane Johnson wrote:

> This is a follow-up announcement from the 0.9 release.  There are no major
> changes, but this release marks a downloadable (tgz) file as well as a
> promotional website, a demo application and screenshots.
>
> Family Connection is an easy-to-setup online hub for your family that
> includes a Family News section, and an Address Book.
>
> http://familyconnect.rubyforge.org/
>
> Please note that the download (tgz) may not be available for another hour or
> so as it propagates through the rubyforge mirrors.  You can access the
> subversion repository immediately at:
>
> svn export svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/familyconnect/tags/1.0
> familyconnection-1.0
>
> For anyone interested in a copy of this family site without the hassle of
> setting it up or maintaining it, I can set something up for you for a small
> monthly charge.  Contact me privately to talk about this option.
>
> Regards,
> Duane Johnson
> (canadaduane)
> http://blog.inquirylabs.com/

i just downloaded the lastest have had a few errors installing:

   - had to chmod -R 777 . so the photo dir could be created.  standard stuff
     there.

   - then i was going through the config page and got this error on submit of
     the first page

       unable to open image `/var/www/html/public/photo/image/tmp/1136357381.296032.28535/FishRobert.jpg': No such file or directory:

     that's probably because that directory doesn't exist.  it's worth noting
     that my setup is

       out of webroot

         /var/www/ror/familyconnect/
           /var/www/ror/familyconnect/public

       in webroot

         /var/www/html/familyconnect -> /var/www/ror/familyconnect/public/

     which is pretty standard stuff afaik.  in any case the links aren't being
     generated correctly under this setup - why 'public' should be in any
     generated link is strange...  is there something i've missed with
     configuration?

regards.

-a