On Jan 3, 2006, at 4:23 PM, Warren Brown wrote:

>> The three rules of Ruby Quiz:
>>
>> 1.  Please do not post any solutions or spoiler
>> discussion for this quiz until 48 hours have passed
>> from the time on this message.
>>
>> 2.  Support Ruby Quiz by submitting ideas as often
>> as you can:
>>
>> http://www.rubyquiz.com/
>>
>> 3.  Enjoy!
>
>     I'd like to propose a new rule (1.5?):
>
> Please flag all submissions and discussions of quizzes by starting the
> subject with the string "[QUIZ]".

I'm fine with "recommending" this as long as everyone realizes that's
all it will be.

>     If we want to get really bold, the rule could also ask people
> submitting solutions to start the subject with "[QUIZ][SOLUTION]" :o)

Yuck.  :)

[SOLUTION] implies [QUIZ], I think, so we can drop the repatition.
Of course, now what you are suppose to put in the subject is getting
more complicated, which probably decreases the chance that it will
happen.  That might be a reason to stick with just [QUIZ].  Opinions?

If the traffic is bothering people, we could also consider moving
Ruby Quiz to it's own mailing list.  Do speak up, if we're bugging
you...

James Edward Gray II