I would like to announce the release of version 2.5.2 of KirbyBase, a
small, pure-Ruby database management system that stores it's data in
plain-text files.

You can download it here:

Windows:  http://www.netpromi.com/files/KirbyBase_Ruby_2.5.2.zip
Linux/Unix:  http://www.netpromi.com/files/KirbyBase_Ruby_2.5.2.tar.gz
Gem:  http://www.netpromi.com/files/KirbyBase-2.5.2.gem

This release changes the way default values work when the user
explicitly supplies a nil value for a field.  I am releasing this minor
update now to support the upcoming initial release of Assaph Mehr's
KirbyBase ActiveRecord adapter, Ackbar.

Here's the detail on the change:

* Changed the behavior of KBTable#insert method.  If user explicitly
specifies nil for a field value and there is a default value for that
field, the default value will no longer override the user specified nil
value.  Thanks to Assaph Mehr for suggesting this.

Enjoy!

Jamey Cribbs
jcribbs / twmi.rr.com