Alan Garrison wrote:
> I'd lean towards Darcs for overall use, and I'm sure each of the above
> is a perfectly legitimate solution for various individuals.  I'm simply
> curious as to other Rubyist's preferences towards the last 2 on the
> list.

Please don't limit yourself to just Darcs and SVN/CVS.  Consider your
usage and first choose between a centralised VCS (SVN/CVS) and a
distributed one (Mercurial, Darcs, svk).  This first choice will shape
your workflow.

If you choose a distributed one, I'd like to turn you towards
Mercurial[1]. It is written in something easier to play with (Python),
very fast and does not share some of Darcs limitations (like having the
whole tree in memory at commit time).

It has its own of course but I find it very powerful and can handle big
trees such as FreeBSD's /usr/ports and the Linux kernel.

Cheers,
-----
[1] http://selenic.com/mercurial/