On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 12:14:19AM +0900, Alan Garrison wrote:

> * Cogito's core is basically a bunch of shell scripts (ewww ;) with
> assorted interfaces, and given the developer base being Linux kernel
> hackers I'd imagine it's highly functional.

This is hearsay, so take it for what it's worth:

My understanding is that git is an implementation of a very thin slice
of bitkeeper functionality -- just the stuff the kernel developers use.
In other words, it seems to be extremely well suited to the kernel
developers' needs, but probably isn't an ideal solution for more generl
source/version control tasks.

I could be wrong.