On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 04:29:14PM +0900, Scott Smith wrote:

> Nah, iterating is where you step through the elements of an array. Your
> examples are simply assignments--giving a value to a variable (think
> basic algebra).

To elaborate, I tend to suspect that the arrays and iterators chapter
discusses things like the each method -- that's what is meant by
"iterators" here.  In particular, you could have an array called myarray
(for example) and iterate over its contents using the each method to
perform the same action on each element of the array:

  myarray.each do { |foo| puts foo }

This sig for rent:  a Signify v1.14 production from http://www.debian.org/