Well ... I found two discrete event simulators that are open source. One
is SimPy, written in Python (http://simpy.sourceforge.net/) and the
other is C++SIM, written in C++ (http://cxxsim.ncl.ac.uk/). I suppose
the Python one could be translated to Ruby ... it's LGPL. But I'd think
for efficiency reasons a Ruby/C++ integrated package would be a better
choice.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com