Hi folks. Happy New Year!

I have lurked for a little bit to see what this list is like.  I am
please to see how helpful people are.  I have a couple of questions
for someone starting out with Ruby and Programming in general.

Some background... I have some fundamental understanding of
programming, but I have more holes in my foundation than not.  I work
with some friends on a C# project, I learned some basics of Java so I
kind of understand OOP.  But I still do not grasp a lot.

My question:  Where should I start in learning to use Ruby?  I have
some ideas, but I do not want to prejudice the discussion with my
ideas.

Also, I have a project in mind to use Ruby... A Nethack bot.  A friend
programmed one in C# and I thought it would be fun to try and use
Ruby.  I know I have a long way to go but it would be fun for me.

Anyway, thanks for any advice and help you can offer in this new adventure.

Will

--
Will Shattuck  ( willshattuck.at.gmail.com )
Home Page:  http://www.thewholeclan.com/will

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.