What Ruby stuff will be happening at Macworld?  What software is
written in Ruby, which companies are Ruby shops, will there be any
Ruby events to clear up any confusion from Rails-hype, etc?

We could likely avoid a lot of duplicitous advocacy if some people
would compile some unbiased "Why Ruby?" facts, examples, and idioms
into a Keynote presentation and export that as a quicktime file.
Then we could serve that file and point browsers to it when people
ask about Ruby.  Packing that page with links to other Ruby resources
would be a convenient tool to grow the community (bookmark it for
them, then click the quicktime link and walk to the next exhibit ha ha).

Since the target audience will have advanced skills, I think
intricate examples showcasing gems, rake, C, and a lot of other foss
packages should be the goal.  Make slides introducing your own
libraries and contribute them.

I've made a wiki page to collect notes on what should be included.  I
could do the Keynote work, but I'd rather leave it to someone who's a
guru and already has some advocacy files prepared.
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?WhyRubyPresentation

Call me ambitious and optimistic, but I think the responsible
estimate is that Ruby popularity will explode this year.  I think
it's a smart move to spend some time on this now to ensure a great
and agile transition for millions of future Rubyists.  Macworld will
be a good chance to further the entrenchment of two of the greatest
problem-solving tools (Ruby and Apple) by making them more familiar
with each other.

-Mike