On 12/30/05, eduard <fishkei / gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Ruby-Feedparser and it works great, but when I try to parse a
> feed in which description contains relative URL references, I get an error:
>
> (REXML::ParseException) "#<REXML::ParseException: Declarations can only
> occur in the doctype declaration.\nLine: \nPosition: \nLast 80 unconsumed
> characters:\n<![CDATA[<p>Filed under: <a href=\"
> http://engadget.com/category/cellphones/\<http://engadget.com/category/cellphones/%5C>"
> rel=\">\n/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:325:
>
> Is there a workaround?

That feed doesn't validate at http://www.feedvalidator.org/ but for
different reasons than your are experiencing.

People need to validate feeds and complain to the authors. If feed
validation gets out of control we will be back to the HTML mess.

http://googlereader.blogspot.com/2005/12/xml-errors-in-feeds.html

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl / gmail.com