Hello,

	I'm trying to learn ruby from the Poignant guide to Ruby
(http://poignantguide.net/ruby/chapter-4.html) and have run into a
problem.   In chapter 4 the simple word replacement example is the
first use of the require statement.   It does not work for me.   I'm on
OS 10.3,  ruby 1.8.2 and my directory structure is :

~/projects/test.rb
~/projects/wordlist.rb

test.rb starts with:
require 'wordlist'

and wordlist.rb just has:
words  = {
    'starmonkeys' => 'Phil and Pete, those prickly chancellors of the
New Reich',
    'catapult' => 'chucky go-go', 'firebomb' => 'Heat-Assisted Living',
    'Nigeria' => "Ny and Jerry's Dry Cleaning (with Donuts)",
    'Put the kabosh on' => 'Put the cable box on'
  }

When i try and run test.rb it says that words is an undefined variable.
If i put the definition of words directly into the test.rb file it
works just fine.

I'm really frustrated with this so i could really use some advice.
I've tried all the permutations of require "wordlist",  require
"wordlist.rb"  require 'wordlist.rb'   require "./wordlist.rb"  and
nothing works.  I can't get much farther until i figure out how to get
require working.

Thanks,
Dave.