> thanks for your reply, I believe i understand, however I dont know how
> to make C:\Program Files\@Last Software\SketchUp 5\Materials the current
> directory in the program.
Dir.chdir "c:/Program Files/..." - use Dir.pwd to see where you are.

> Or how to make an option where the user can
> type in, or browse to their own directory.
For instance like this:
dir=gets # get user input from stdin
Dir.chdir dir # move to specified directory
img=Dir["*.jpg"] #get array of all jpg files
puts img # print the filenames, one per line

> But on the string answer of your question:
> img.each do |img|
>  p img
> end
>
> Does that mean that p will be a variable that will hold all the image
> names?

Nope. 'p' is a print command. 'img' is the variable that holds the image names.

Have a look at the documentation and some programming guides (ex.
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/) , and use irb for
experimentation.

Good luck.

jf