On Dec 28, 2005, at 10:13 AM, Steve Litt wrote:

> Have em start with HelloWorld, then a loop...

Hmm, that's a tricky one to me.  You really need to nail iterators
ASAP to become a Rubyist.  If you post code here with a loop, odds
are good we'll start "correcting" it.

Also Ruby has no loop equivalent to the famous for(...; ...; ...)
{ ... } construct from most other languages.

> Show them how much easier inheritance is in Ruby than in C++.

"Favor composition over inheritance."  I think that's even more true
in Ruby where inheriting the core classes sometimes has surprising
side effects.

James Edward Gray II