On 12/27/05, Wilson Bilkovich <wilsonb / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/27/05, basi <basi_lio / hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So I'm looking to know what it is that we don't know the first time
> > that had we at the time known would lessen the need for a major
> > redesign and rewrite?
> >
> That's the immanent quintessential property known as 'What The User
> Actually Wanted, But Didn't Mention At First'.
> :)

Hehehe, that is certainly true, but really I think when it comes to
software development, like anything else, you learn mostly from
experience. So if you are writing a particular kind of application for
the first time, you just don't know what the best approach will be
until the end, and of course by then you probably have an entire
program taking the wrong approach ;)

My only advice would be to branch out and code as many different kinds
of applications as you can, and then eventually you just know how to
code everything :-D

Of course by then you may be an 80-year-old programmer.

Ryan