"Hal E. Fulton" wrote:
> But might there not be cases where we wanted to
> comment some "arbitrary" piece of code... one
> that could not be placed standalone inside an
> if statement? After all, syntax is checked inside
> an if, but not inside a comment...

This made me realize that we may not be able to (easily) have
nested comments without resorting to a second pass. There are
a number of scenarios I can think of that would complicate things.

# this is a comment
a = 5
/*
and this is
a grouping of
  /* more comments
*/
b = "will this be evaluated?"

/*
=begin
what about this?
Am I RD or a comment?
*/
=end # error or not?

So, while I agree with having nested comments, I would
like some answers to the above situations, too...

Guy N. Hurst

--
HurstLinks Web Development    http://www.hurstlinks.com/
Norfolk, VA  23510            (757)623-9688 FAX 623-0433