In message <BF0740FD-4249-4BDE-988B-F21CFF764FD5 / mac.com>,
gwtmp01 / mac.com writes
>At one level I understand this point of view.  But at the same time, how
>difficult is it to read a book?

Very, if you are too tired to take it in. If you are busy with work and
have a young family I doubt it would be that easy.

>If your professional and personal  life is
>so busy that you can't find time to read a book or to learn about a new
>topic then I think your priorities need to be re-evaluated.  I'm not
>saying

Thats an easy statement to make but it ignores each the circumstances
surrounding each person. I agree with you and I'm sure the chap I was
talking with does too, but its clear he has no business reason to go
that route - his time is more effectively spent elsewhere.

I think he'd be more interested in reading about a new technology he can
use without ditching his currently favoured language(s). Which is partly
where Mr Eckel is coming from (referring to Django rather than changing
languages and learning Rails)

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett