On Dec 21, 2005, at 7:06, Denver Mike wrote:
> Thanks for your thoughts on this Graham.  By "merge", I meant appending
> one Word document to the end of another, but to make things more
> complicated, I need to add text into the headings across the entire
> document.

Does it still need to be a Word document when you're done? An entirely
different approach would be to use some kind of Word file display
program and make PDFs of the files, then chain the PDFs together. Do
the headers by slapping a white block over the existing headers and
writing a new header over them.

Personally, my approach would be to abandon the project as just too
messy for words. :)