On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, James (ruby-talk) wrote:

> Err, well, aethetics aside, having a simple way to block-comment
> code is very handy.  Trying to comment out large sections by
> prepending '#' to every line is tedious.

You pretty much have to go through every line anyway to make sure there's
no other comments in the middle of the code:

Eg:

  code
  code
  code
  code /* comment */
  code
  code
  code

If you were to comment block this out, you'd end up with

  /*
  code
  code
  code
  code /* comment */
  code
  code
  code
  */

Which would be an error. For this reason, I prefer "#" since it always
works and can handle other "#"s already in the code.

Anyway, I don't have any real concerns either way... I was just responding
to Dave's request for opinions. :)

--
  spwhite / chariot.net.au