On 12/23/05, Chintan Trivedi <chesschintan / gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I use jedit on windows and found it very handy. Its slight pain to
> install the ruby plugin in it as its dependent on other a few plugins but
> once its done, this thing really rocks.

How many of these editors will properly highlight:
%Q!
 blah blah "" #{somevalue}
' /' \s'/
!#{actually a comment}

Vim is the only one I've found that runs on Windows that will do it. I
couldn't make Emacs handle it, and the RDT tools for Eclipse failed
completely.
This is my expectation:
http://supremetyrant.com/ruby/syntax_torture.png

..where the editor:
1. Correctly gives the opening and closing portions of the string (%Q!
and !) the same color.
2. Colors the body of the string with the usual 'String' color scheme.
3. Colors interpolated values (#{somevalue} and \s) differently.
4. Realizes that #{actually a comment} is a comment, not something to
interpolate.

I'm imagining that TextMate handles this, from what I've seen.. does
anything else, other than Vim?

Thanks,
--Wilson.