Hi all,

I have a really bad feeling about posting this here, but I'm kinda
stumped.

I've only just discovered the wonder that is ruby and so have started
playing around with a number of projects.

One of them involves doing a little string parsing (as you'd expect).

However, when I try to make use of the StringScanner from the core API,
I get the strangest message:

NameError: uninitialized constant StringScanner

To put it in context:

!#/usr/bin/ruby -w

s = StringScanner.new("My test string")

I know... not exactally rocket science here.  I just don't understand
why it's not working.  Perhaps a corrupt installation?

I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong...

I'm running the latest stable release of ruby (that I know of)
ruby 1.8.3 (2005-09-21) [i386-linux]

I get the same problem when attempting to test the code with irb.

Any thoughts suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
~Neowulf