> ... and without answering your other questions, is the following
> link of any use to you?
>
> http://www.jbrowse.com/text/rubytk_en.html

That is a much better reference than what I've found so far - gives both
an overview and some details, drill-downs for the different levels of
info and even a few implementation examples.  Still not every detail I
need (missing TkOptionMenubutton and it's relationship to the whole),
and it is a lot to digest at once.  But at least it is a lot :)

Thanks!

-Chris