Logan Capaldo <logancapaldo / gmail.com> wrote:
> Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> > Ruby comes pre-installed with the base system.
>
> Just be careful, many Mac users prefer to install Ruby from
> source  because Apple's build is "broken" in some senses
> (pack's endian stuff  is mixed up) and non-standard in others.
> (ruby.h header and some  friends are in a non-standard place).

    penryu@kotoko:~>% type -a ruby
    ruby is /usr/bin/ruby
    ruby is /opt/local/bin/ruby

Yeah, I ran into some issues myself.  But the problem is well
documented and a solution easily found if the OP runs into any
of these issues.  Hell, half the RoR docs I've found take
a proactive approach and say "might as well replace it *before*
you have any problems."

> --Apple-Mail-2-122512390--

Just be careful. Apple Mail is "broken" in some senses and
non-standard in others.  :)  (I'm still waiting for external
editor support...)

(I use Mail.app for all my personal correspondence.  But I can't
live without a nice (mutt|slrn)+vim combo for lists/groups.)

Cheers!
Tim Hammerquist