First of all and very first of all, I must state that I am not an enemy
or a spy :-D

One or two weeks ago, I tried Python and loved it. But I also hearing
ineteresting things about Ruby nowadays. Which language should I use?
Oh, yes, this question looks somewhat silly, this is a Ruby group and
people will tend to give an automatic "Ruby" reply. But as far as I
see, Ruby (and Python) has a intellectual community. So, I hope that I
will get logical explanations rather than "holigan" cries.

By the way, I am not a computer scientist and these are the reasons why
I want to learn Python or Ruby. Please consider them when replying:
1. I am not a computer scientist.
2. I AM interested in artificial intelligence and this is the major
reason for me to learn a programming language.
3. I am familiar, but not experienced, in BASIC, C/C++, Java, Prolog
and Lisp.
4. I am *NOT* interested in web programming at all
5. Nice GUIs always attract me. It is not mandatory but if Ruby can
provide me this (better than Python) I may immediately run to Ruby.
6. And finally, what is "Rails"? Do I have to learn it if I dive into
Ruby? Does it necessary for only web?

Waiting your replies.
Thank you very much in advance.