Minero Aoki <aamine / mx.edit.ne.jp> writes:

> If there's some method, i.e. Net::HTTP.define_new_http_method,
> which defines methods to handle new HTTP method, is it sufficient?
> Usage:
>
> Net::HTTP.defind_new_http_method 'Get',  # request type
>                                  false,  # has request body
>                                  true    # has response body
>
> This method creats a new HTTP request class, setting it up
> properly, and define interface methods for Net::HTTTP.

That would certainly be very useful. However, I'm wondering if
possibly it is a little too complex. In Python's HTTPConnectionAuth
class, you handle this using:

    self.request(method, url, body, extra_hdrs)
    resp = self.getresponse()

where 'method' is simply a string such as 'GET' or 'MKCOL'. Could
Net::HTTP simply provide a low-level interface such as this?

Regards

Dave