On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:22:40 -0000, MenTaLguY <mental / rydia.net> wrote:

> But heredocs are a part of Ruby's grammar, so we are going to have to
> accommodate them eventually.  It's doable, just funky.

Just to chime in, I have to agree on that - AFAIU the reason for wanting
rid of yacc is because it limits the syntax, so I think it's important
that the effort to find a replacement aim to (eventually) support
everything that's currently supported. Otherwise, surely it's a case of
better the devil you know...

(That said though, I've used ANTLR a little bit in Java and I'm certain
that if anything can do it, ANTLR can).

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk