Hi Dave,

  In mail "[ruby-talk:17177] Question on Net::HTTP"
    Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote:

> Let's pretend I wanted to add additional requests so that I could send
> (say) WEBDAV commands to an HTTP server. So, instead of sending the
> traditional GETs and POSTs, I'd be sending PROPFINDs and MKCOLs. It
> seems as if this is quite difficult given the current structure of the
> Net::HTTP module: I have write code that makes assumptions about its
> internal organization, calling def_http_method and defining the
> appropriate subclasses.
>
> Am I misunderstanding this? Is there an easy way to add new request
> types using published interfaces?

I'm afraid there's no any ways. You can only creating subclass of
HTTPRequest and def_http_method.

If there's some method, i.e. Net::HTTP.define_new_http_method,
which defines methods to handle new HTTP method, is it sufficient?
Usage:

Net::HTTP.defind_new_http_method 'Get',  # request type
                                 false,  # has request body
                                 true    # has response body

This method creats a new HTTP request class, setting it up
properly, and define interface methods for Net::HTTTP.

Minero Aoki