Hi,

Well, I've been playing with Ruby now for a couple of months, and I'm
really having a lot of fun, both with the language and the extraordinary
community around it (_why, I've not laughed so much in years :)).

Anyway, I learn best by doing, and that's what I've been, uh, doing, with
Ruby - Whenever I've seen a question or idea in Ruby Talk that made me
wonder, I wrote a little program about it to figure it out. Whenever I had
a question, I wrote a little program. Whenever... well you get the idea.
This is a fair few little examples, covering quite a bit of the basic
stuff in Ruby.

Ordinarily I'd keep them to myself, but I feel like in this case they
_might_ be of some value to other's who're starting with Ruby, not
necessarily as a teaching aid, but more for ideas of things to look up,
and examples of using some of the core language features. It's not a
reference or tutorial by any stretch, it's just my own little experiments
that, if nothing else, might help boost someone's excitement level about
how beautiful Ruby is.

So anyway, I posted them at http://roscopeco.co.uk/code/noob/ as my 'Nuby
files'. I'll probably keep them up to date intermittently, since I now
believe I'll never be done learning Ruby (that's why I removed my L
plates, because maybe most of us should have them, all the time ;)) but I
can't promise (I'm pretty busy with these projects for now...)

Thanks,
Ross

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk