Beginner wrote:
> Dear Eero,
>
> I am not able to load even .dll, this is what I did:
>
> require "C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\abc.dll"
>
> I am doing anything wrong. The .dll does exist in the directory, I get
> the erro, "the specified procedure could not be found".(loadError)
>
> thx,
> Mankan

The "require" statement loads Ruby extensions, either those written in
pure Ruby or those written in C using the Ruby extension API. So you
can't use it to interface to an arbitrary .dll or .lib file.

There is a Ruby library that allows you to call functions in .dll files,
though. Check out the Win32API class:
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/lib_windows.html

You might also learn more about the Win32API library by searching
through old postings to this list. Search for "Win32API".

Welcome to Ruby!